Ganesha Festival or Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated across the globe especially among Hindus but it’s a beauty of Hindu tradition or following that every festival in India is affected by demography, resulting in local tourism and infusing ‘local tadka’. For example; you just think of Durga Puja and your senses and fantasy will turn towards West Bengal or precisely Bengali style- ‘Durga Pujo’! In the same way, it holds true for ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’ which is celebrated with great enthusiasm in Maratha and Konkan region of India. Use of traditional ‘Dhol Nagada’ and ‘Banjo’ and ‘Modak’ as PRASADAM represents the local Marathi style of welcoming ‘Ganapati Bappa Deva’.
Being Mumbai (Financial Capital Of India and Maharashtra State Capital), the heart of motion pictures, precisely Hindi Cinema or Bollywood, we will find numerous imprints and influence of Ganesha celebration. In India, WE LIVE CINEMA and any shot of our celebration is incomplete without BOLLYWOOD TADKA. Indian Cinema has played a vital role in making ‘Mumbaiya Style’ Ganesh Utsav famous year after year with their evolved music and also often using it as important plot twists within movies. These songs often break the monotony of the films to weave a riot of colors on-screen, so let’s mix those colors here and create the absolute must-have Ganapati playlist for us from Bollywood!
- Deva O Deva (Humse Badhkar Kyon): Hum Se Badkar Kaun is an action film of the year 1981, starring Mithun Chakraborty and Amjad Khan and is well supported by Danny Denzongpa. The song ‘Deva O Deva’ was originally sung by Mohammed Rafi, Bhupinder Singh, Shailender Singh, Sapan Chakraborty, and Asha Bhosle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HslIs-Zo98Q
- Sindoor Lal Chadayo Acha Gajmukh Ko (Vaastav: The Reality): Vaastav: The Reality is a 1999 Bollywood action crime film written and directed by Mahesh Manjrekar and starring Sanjay Dutt and Namrata Shirodkar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfU9Gexo4IQ
- Mourya Re (Don): Don: The Chase Begins Again, is a 2006 Bollywood action-thriller film directed by Farhan Akhtar. The film stars Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra, with Arjun Rampal, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Boman Irani, Isha Koppikar, and Om Puri appearing in supporting roles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jff2wz3Hpk
- Jalwa (Wanted): Wanted 2009 starring Salman Khan, Ayesha Takia, Prakash Raj, Vinod Khanna and Mahesh Manjrekar in the lead roles, is an official remake of the Telugu film Pokiri. JALWA song was sung by Wajid Ali and Earl D’souza. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NapGAjs2nXE
- Shree Ganesha Deva (Agneepath): Agneepath starring Hrithik Roshan, who plays the lead role of Vijay Deenanath Chauhan, Sanjay Dutt plays the role of the antagonist Kancha Cheena along with Priyanka Chopra as Kaali Gawde and Katrina Kaif featuring in an item number came in the year 2012 (a reboot of Agneepath 1990). This movie was produced by Karan Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYqJ5w-GrfM